Slack II

I have been using Slack for work pretty heavily for the past week. We are all busy getting our programs set up for the start of school in just over a week; we are trying to lessen our load by sharing resources for our orientation lessons, which are mainly about US culture but now also include support for the summer reading assignments our students did not do (visa issues, late registration, etc.). I have sent and received powerpoints, links to online sites, and documents via Slack and am getting used to how it works. I have not yet sent tacos to my colleagues, but I might do so just for fun!


Comments

  1. Victoria, curious what your take is on slack. Have you found it to be a productive tool? Perhaps it was just because we were using it in class to experiment with and didn't have a true purpose, but I didn't see that it had any big benefits. Is it better than just sharing via e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not see any great functionality. In fact, I like it less every day because there is nothing special about it. It works for me now because that is what my colleagues monitor and respond to quickly. I think it's better to share information by email since I am using Slack to ask for answers to work questions which I would really like to have documented. According to my supervisors, messages "disappear" after a few days. I am now careful to download attachments quickly so they don't go away!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Curated Exhibit

Business Travel 2.0